BOE Special Meeting Sep 05, 2017 at 555 Franklin Street in the Irving G. Breyer Board Meeting Room. Meeting begins at 6pm.
SPECIAL ORDER OF BUSINESS: Memorandum of Understanding Between the San Francisco Unified School District and Friends of the School of the Arts (Resolution No. 178-22B3 Removed from Consent Calendar at August 22, 2017 Meeting)
RECOMMENDED ACTION: Approve the Memorandum of Understanding Between the San Francisco Unified School District and Friends of School of the Arts for the 2017-2018 School Year.
BACKGROUND: At its regular meeting on August 22, 2017, the Board of Education removed this MOU (Resolution No. 178-22B3) from the Consent Calendar and requested that it return for action at a subsequent meeting. It is now before the Board for action and recommended for approval.
As detailed in the attached Memoranda of Understanding, Friends of the School of the Arts will perform the following services:
- coordinate the Annual Fund Ask;
- collect and document contributions and prepare acknowledgement letters and receipts;
- manage the art department accounts and provide support by making regular bank deposits, processing weekly reimbursement requests and producing regular financial reports;
- manage box office activities in support of close to 100 performances throughout the school year which involve managing cash and credit card transactions, printing and distributing will-call tickets, running back-end management of the online tracking systems and identifying box office policies and procedures for performances, events and exhibitions;
- continue to build strong relationships with the public by actively participating in community gatherings, promoting Ruth Asawa School of The Arts (Asawa SOTA) accomplishments and engaging with community leaders in a collaborative and constructive manner to generate financial support;
- research possible funding avenues, draft appropriate proposals, maintain files, work with staff to ensure grant requirements are met, develop reports and maintain relationships with past funders;
- facilitate communications between Asawa SOTA and its alumni by providing social events and fundraising opportunities that instill goodwill and pride;
- administer the artists-in-residence ("AIR") program at Asawa SOTA.
There is no fiscal cost to the District from this MOU.